Saturday 10 October 2009

Bath

After finally getting away from the office on Satruday later morning [so much for Friday afternoon], I had a very pleasant trip to my first stop, Bath. I'd last been here in 2002 when I went on a lone camping/cycling holiday so I thought it about time I re-visited.


This is the classic Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon in Bath on the very pleasant evening of Saturday 10 October 2009. Just to the left the Park was full and heaving with students so I decided to walk along the river bank instead which was far more relaxed; there where chaps just to the side of me and out of the frame fishing.

I popped into the Riverside Cafe for a Chicken Ceasar wrap and a coffee before ambling on into the town for a spot of shopping.

Jessops didn't have the filters that I was looking for so I walked through the recently re-built bath shopping centre to London Camera Exchange and picked up a couple of neutral density filters that I think I'll need over the next few days for the sunset shots.

On to Oswald Bailey to replace the walking trouser that I last used when I was slightly slimmer and then back to the car.

When I was here last time I also found fantastic views from Alexandra Park and decided to try and find my way back there again. There are no signpost [that I noticed anyway] so it was by memory only. After a few false cul-de-sacs I eventually found the entrance to the park off Kipling Avenue.




While not a great sky, I thought that this time I'd wait until dusk and sunset and see what I could do... I've always wanted to create some stunning sunset/nighttime shots so I thought I'd give it a go!!







Looks okay for a first attempt. Right, time to freshen up and off for breakfast...

No comments: