Sunday 11 September 2011

Dribbly Sunday

Okay, so i didn't get up for the sun rise that I was planning... or rather I had hoped that there would be a sun rise to get up for... but it was rather concealed under a somewhat grey and very wet sky.

Instead I waited for the torrential rain to subside [a bit] before going on a short walk before breakfast. After getting dressed up like a walking post box in my bright red RAB jacket and bright red Berghaus free flow ruck sack I set off in my personal tent for a little jolly to Grasmere Lake.

I had tried to import this as a map directly from Google Earth... but some techno geeky stuff between kmz and kml and google earth and google map import types was well over my head; so I gave up and worked out that google earth allows you to save as file... so I hope you enjoy the jpg file above... it cost me halk the day to produce thanks to nerdy google incompatibilities... still... it's only just stopped raining my a monsoon so I guess I'd have been holed up here any way.

View north west across Grasmere Lake taken from the footway on the A591; in a brightish spell when it had briefly stopped raining.


View from Grasmere wier towards north west; you can tell how much it was raining... look at the surface of the lake in the foreground!!


No comments: