Sunday 13 October 2013

Alsop en le Dale

After a strangely fitful nights sleep [awake at 2am, 4am and 5am] I didn't really fancy driving anywhere first thing. I was also not looking forward to a cold right boot which even despite the purchase of waterproof socks yesterday, would still be squidgy and uninviting.

But Tikka would still need her morning walk and knew I'd be fine for at least a couple of hours walking at which point I may have to resolve to deal with the issue more positively.

Having picked up some maps of local walks from the Rivendale site shop I thought I give one ago. We set off across the fields towards Alsop en le Dale and Church farm. Despite the mizzly weather and low cloud the view were wonderful; I still can't get over just how green the fields are in this part of the world... why aren't ours this green?



This was taken at the crest of the hill and view the valley towards Alsop en le Dale. It's hardly that many metres above sea level, but you would't believe how strong the wind was here; it was incredible, I could barely stand up to some of the gusts.

A pretty little hamlet

View from the Tissington Trail

A nice new bench where Tikka and I decided to stop for a pre brunch snack.


While we were on the Tissington Trail, these cows walked along in the field beside us and at the gate came to take a closer look; the gate was padlocked shut and clearly not in that regular use... we didn't hang around long... 

You know I'm not convinced these waterproof socks are working... my right foot feels wet; it's certainly cold; glad we've only done a short walk this morning... I fear that yet another outdoor shop will benefit from the sale of yet another pair of walking boots... that'll be three pairs in two years! Still, I do walk everywhere in them... in truth they're hardly off my feet in the day time. Humph...

No comments: